Highly qualified consultants with over 250 years combined experience
As a small business resource for 25 years, the Longwood Small Business Development Center’s (LSBDC) core mission is to provide education, consulting, and economic research to support potential and existing small business owners throughout Southern Virginia. The SBDC program at Longwood University is positioned as an economic development outreach program under the umbrella of the Office of Community and Economic Development. The center’s effectiveness is measured in the success of our clients, some of whom are featured in this publication. Results are measured in terms of client capital investment and jobs created.
Stressing client education, the SBDC program is part of the federal government’s largest and most successful management and technical assistance program for small businesses. The SBDC program is a partnership program with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Education, consulting & economic research
US Small Business Administration partnership program
Client success measures our success
Longwood SBDC operates 5 regional offices:
- Farmville – Buckingham, Cumberland, Amelia, Prince Edward, Nottoway, Charlotte, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Brunswick Counties
- Petersburg – Prince George, Surry, Sussex, Dinwiddie, Greensville Counties, cities of Colonial Heights, Petersburg, Hopewell, Emporia
- South Boston – Halifax County
- Danville – Pittsylvania County and city of Danville
- Martinsville – Henry, Franklin, Patrick Counties, city of Martinsville