Longwood SBDC offers training classes, in person, within each region of the network. Call your local office for more information. To locate the office closest to you, click here. If you would like to receive regular updates on training opportunities and articles of interest, sign up for our e-newsletter in the sidebar of this page.
Training EventsMay23WedMay 23 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Ellen Templeton – Director, Crater SBDC
Joanne Tompkins, Director, Crater PTAC
If you are thinking of starting or have a small business and want to learn how to write a business plan and learn about government contracting basics, this free workshop is for you! Some of the topics will be:
**IMPORTANT**Scheduled workshops may change due to inclement weather, scheduling conflicts, etc.Your pre-registration enables the Longwood SBDC to keep you updated on changes or cancellations as quickly as possible.
- Tips to prepare and present a business plan
- Evaluating your entrepreneurial abilities
- Marketing strategies
- Registering in eVA
- SWAM Certification
- Microbusiness Certification
- SAM registration
- SBA Small Business Programs Qualifications & Certification Process
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTENDMay28MonMay30WedMay 30 @ 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Small businesses play a vital role in the growth of our economy. Did you know that over 650,000 New businesses are started in the United States each year? The harsh reality is only about 50% survive past the first five years. Planning is everything!
Prepare to start a successful business:
- Evaluate your entrepreneurial abilities
- Marketing strategies
- Financial resources
- Legal form of organization
- Tips to prepare & present your business plan
If you are considering starting a business, this FREE seminar will provide valuable information that may help your business be among the 50% that survive.
Registration is required!Jun11MonJun 11 @ 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
This workshop will help you:
- Understand the importance of “knowing your numbers”
- Understand the key components of the financial section of your business plan
- Understand the key talking points for investors and bankers
- Understand how to better manage by the numbers
- Learn about resources available to help you analyze your business performance on a regular basis
**REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 8, 2018 AT 12 NOON-LUNCH PROVIDED FOR ALL REGISTRANTS**
Registration is required!